Tuesday, March 19, 2013

America's Favorite Cookie!

Molly Wipf
Article #7

    It's a pretty rare experience when you find someone that doesn't enjoy Oreos. They are America's favorite cookie! Oreo has recently launched a #cookiethis/#cremethis Instagram campaign and the final step of the campaign with SuperImportantTest.com. It is an amusing "grab bag of a website"and it articulates the fact that there is no right answer to which you prefer: cookies or creme. Once you submit your answer you are then taken to one or more of 30 amusing videos.
  Some of the videos include 2D horse animation videos to robotic cats! The clips were created by directors, production companies and YouTube personalities from "six different time zones". After you go through your first video you can cycle back to any of the other ones. The campaign was certainly a success even off of the less than serious premise. The campaign lasted six weeks and the two choices let consumers pick their stand while still vocalizing that there is no bad part of an Oreo.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/oreo-wraps-cookie-vs-creme-campaign-dozens-goofy-videos-148017

5 comments:

  1. I think that this new instagram campaign will really grab attention! The decision to incorporate social media sites is a great idea. Getting the public involved with their own pictures is basically like having the consumer advertise for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's about time cookies take control of social media! In general, Instagram is the perfect outlet for Oreos to take over with the imagery that will be present. I'll be sure to join in an continue with the cookie craze. I'm not surprised on bit that they are taking over Instagram now that the Twitter and Facebook outlets have already been dominated with countless advertisements and promotions. #Cremethis for me please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great idea for companies to become more connected with social media. An instagram account is a great tactic to continue to lure in Oreo lovers. Also, giving the audience the option to pick between the cookie and the cream create a more personal relationship between the consumer and the product. This is again a good strategy to attract the Oreo fans. This new social media campaigns is going to continue increasing Oreo's popularity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing companies go on Instagram! I am much more in to visuals, I hate scrolling through my Twitter feed and seeing advertisements. I just keep going and don't read them, but if I saw a nice picture on my much calmer Instragram feed I would pay much more attention! And not be so much more annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is so great how companies are now using the social media world in such creative ways. Ideas like this and ideas like for the Coke Superbowl Commercials are great ways to get people involved and thinking about their product.

    ReplyDelete